I am a psychotherapist and supervisor in private practice, and am experienced working with adults and groups.
My philosophy of therapeutic work is based on an integrative framework: that expressions of consciousness at levels of mind, body and spirit, are of a greater whole.
I train and supervise students who are becoming psychotherapists and facilitate psychoanalytically informed group-work. I have also worked in charity contexts as a supervisor, an assessor and as a psychotherapist
My research journey began with a masters in Transpersonal Psychotherapy which looked at spiritual emergence through the transformation of developmental shame.
I am particularly interested in the intersection of psychoanalytic thinking and contemporary culture. I write on these topics in my substack, further information on the “For therapists” page.
My ongoing research orients around three broad areas.
1) Developmental psychology and psychoanalytic thinking which is the ground of my clinical work and heavily influences my worldview. I am influenced by the work of Winnicott, Bion, Klein and Mahler, though find a particularly familiar home in Jungian thinking.
2) Clinical approaches which integrate trauma recovery, embodied psychospiritual and transpersonal approaches to authentic transcendence:
- Transpersonal ways of knowing, clinical presence, ancestral work.
- Archetypal psychology, symbols and mythology.
- Embodied and somatic trauma processing, self states, and Internal Family Systems (IFS).
3) Contemporary issues related to integral (Wilbur) consciousness evolution:
- Difference, gender & sexuality, racial trauma, genocide, collective and intergenerational trauma.
- Ethics and social responsibility, including the marginalisation and medicalisation of mental health.
- Ecopsychology and the artificial separation of psyche and nature.
Qualifications & Accreditation
I am a UKCP full clinical psychotherapist. This means that I have successfully completed an accredited training and comply with ongoing requirements regarding CPD, re-accreditation and complaint handling.
- Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE).
- Graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (CCPE).
- MA (Merit) in Counselling and Psychotherapy (University of Northampton).
- Diploma in Supervision (CCPE).
- Certificate in Ecopsychology (Pacifica Graduate Institute).
- Foundation in Group Analysis (2022-3, Institute of Group Analysis).